Monday, July 1, 2013

Take your thoughts captive!

Sometimes the enemy attacks in very obvious and overt ways. More often, though, he attacks subtly by putting negative thoughts in your mind about yourself. He uses these thoughts to pull you away from God and away from your destiny. 

The enemy is relentless and will continue to pound you down until you stop him. And you can stop him. You are in control of your thoughts. You can take captive the negative thoughts and make them positive. The Apostle Paul tells us in 2 Corinthians 10:5:

“We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take every thought captive to make it obedient to Christ.” (emphasis mine)
My pastor says that he doesn't want any thought in his mind about himself that God doesn't have about him. We must do the same. So the next time a negative thought comes into your mind, replace it with a godly thought. Here are some examples:

I am ugly.                    I am made in the image of God and I am beautiful!
                                    (Genesis 1:26)

I am stupid.                 I am smart and I have the mind of Christ!
                                    (1 Corinthians 2:16)

I am a loser.                 I am a conqueror!
                                    (Romans 8:37)

I can’t do anything.     I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength!
                                    (Philippians 4:13)

I’m no good.                God is good and He instructs me in his ways!
                                    (Psalm 25:8)

I’m not worthy.           God has numbered the hairs on my head – I am worthy to Him!
                                    (Matthew 10:30)

I have done awful        I am forgiven!
awful things.                (Psalm 130:4, Acts 10:43, Ephesians 1:7, Colossians 1:14)

Start today to take control of your thoughts. Changing your thoughts can change your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment